Brasil Foods, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
August 2012 – September 2014
One of the largest food companies in the world, with over 30 brands in its portfolio, such as Sadia, Perdigão, Qualy, Paty, Dánica and Bocatti, sold in over 150 countries, in all 5 continents.
- Built Sadia brand in Oman as GCC showcase, a solid benchmark for consumer engagement, category rationalization and portfolio optimization, progressive increase in volume share, sustained value sales and improved interior distribution.
- Over achieved category forecasted volume and value share targets, through a solid Go-To-Market Plan; focused on growing categories and New Product Development, strong push on tactical wins (in – store presence, shopper marketing) and trade partners’ collaborative aggressive growth plan.
- Developed consumer engagement initiatives, that was ﬁrst in Oman market: Chef Oman Culinary Competition and Oman Food Festival in partnership with Oman Tourism; Sadia Kitchen featuring local celebrity chefs. This successfully localized Sadia’s global brand appeal, gaining back the lost market share over the main local brand competition, leveraging on patriotism as the emotional aﬃnity factor.
- Created Fight Against Hunger Campaign in partnership with the United Nations World Food Programme, that became the largest nationwide food relief program in Oman. The hunger awareness campaign reached over 8M students (through the campus tour) and households (through community forums). Donated Sadia products through Nourishing Omani Students Program in partnership with the local charity, Dar Al Atta and through Hope for Families Program in partnership with Oman’s Ministry of Social Development.
- Established strategic alliance and partnerships in major campaigns to add credibility on the initiative, to expand reach and to optimize marketing spend: Oman Tourism, Oman Food Festival, Dar Al Atta and Ministry of Social Development among others; that brought x20 Average ROI Vs. Annual Marketing Spend.
- Instigated HORECA growth through branded cafeterias in interior areas, sports and university facilities in that increased sales compared to previous years.
- Lead Corporate PR, Corporate Communications, deputized as the spokesperson for media aﬀairs.
(UAE, USA, CIS & ASEAN REGION)
ZAFCO, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
August 2010 – August 2012
Leading importers and exporters of automotive tires, batteries, and lubricants; operating internationally to cater to hundreds of customers spread across all 6 continents, an annual average of more than 1M tires.
- Spearheaded global exhibitions and dealers meet: Barbican Turbo Show UAE, Tyre Expo Asia Singapore, Automechanika ME UAE, Automechanika Russia, Tyre Expo India, PNEU Expo France, SEMA Show USA. Acted as the company frontline in acquiring new dealers / partners.
- Standardized corporate branding through the development of brand and digital guidelines, and sales tools. Ensured global brand partners’ merchandising guidelines implementation in a need based language and approach.
- Developed and activated Marketing Plans and Product Launches for global brands in a multicultural approach for MEA, USA, CIS and ASEAN Market.
- Increased annual total volume and value sales by 20% through category optimization, global exhibitions, conferences, sponsorships, forums, round table and by hosting customers/delegates international market and factory visits.
- Developed the local in-house brand – Zeetex. Structured the business plan, marketing and sales strategy, naming, architecture, creative communications, brand visuals and guidelines; activated distribution plan.
Al Rostamani Group, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
August 2008 – August 2010
Al Rostamani Group is one of the largest and oldest business conglomerates over the last 50 years; with Central Trading Company(CTC) as one of the flagship business verticals. CTC has a solid and wide range of product portfolio headed by global brands like Michelin Tyres, Michelin Tyre Plus and Castrol.
- Successfully opened, the pioneer branches of Michelin Tyre Plus, encouraged brand trials and switchers vis-à-vis competition.
- Spearheaded local, global exhibitions and dealers meet: Tyre Expo, Automechanika, PNEU Expo among others. Acted as the company frontline in acquiring new dealers / partners.
- Standardized corporate branding through the development of branding and sales tools. Ensured global brand partners’ merchandising guidelines implementation through the adaptation guidelines distributed globally in a need based language and approach.
- Developed and activated Marketing Plans and Product Launches for global brands in a local approach.
- Increased annual total volume and value sales through government partnerships, consumer engagement activities, new and traditional media visibility, global exhibitions, conferences, sponsorships, forums, round table and category optimization.
Federal Brent Retail, Manila, Philippines
January 2003 – August 2008
A member of the Metrobank Group of Companies, the pioneer in fully-integrated community: vertical residence, mall, food and beverage outlets, commercial spaces, petrol station, amusement pocket park and entertainment hub.
- Developed annual strategic plan for the malls, F&B outlets, commercial spaces, petrol stations, amusement parks and entertainment hub aligned with tactical/promotional initiatives.
- Successfully implemented and lead long-term revenue strategies; that impacted consumer engagement, brand awareness and sales by proactively driving the business forward, escalating revenue.
- Oversaw design and production of marketing collaterals and promotional materials. Created and delivered content for integrated multi-channel strategy. Ensuring that corporate branding standards and legal compliances are met.
- Worked closely with individual F&B sales team to map out sales targets and promotional activities for the year. Built and maintained relationships with key communities to develop loyal patrons.
- Maintained budget control and oversaw media placement schedules in direct and feeder markets. Determined overall marketing campaign ROI.
- Managed stakeholder relationships and results; balanced operational, administrative, financial and marketing needs.
- Significant growth of 20-40% on tenants’ rental revenue contribution in the business portfolio YOY; 20-30% sales growth on F&B and mall outlets revenue.