Al Islami Foods, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
October 2014 – October 2019
Leading regional food brand with an extensive product portfolio (over 100 products) vs. competition, that has been in the market for over 45 years, with strong GCC retail and HORECA presence.
- Built Al Islami as the only premium brand in the frozen space, that has successfully mandated a premium price positioning in a highly commoditized industry.
- Integrated re-branding, including digital, socials and home delivery e-commerce that resulted to a premium and global brand image, that has expanded market reach and increased category sales by 15 – 40%, YOY. Consumer Research 2018, revealed that the new brand personiﬁcation is positive, relevant and modern, translating to new market entrants, while protecting the loyals and current market share.
- Maintained sales in category cash cows (whole poultry and parts), developed signiﬁcant FPP categories as next in line stars through category rationalization and optimization, push in tactical sales, in – store visibility and shopper marketing; secured 20% average volume growth, 15% value growth after 3 years of YOY decline, reducing net margin descent.
- Led New Product Development aligned with market trends, consumer insights supported by the Dubai Municipality Nutrition Team, SCAFA School of Culinary and Finishing Arts and inﬂuencer foodies; 30% volume and 25% value growth for the revamped categories; developed a new brand Good Old Butcher leveraging on in – house capabilities.
- Built, intensiﬁed and sustained a large brand community through online and on-ground consumer engagement activities: Al Islami Kitchen, a strong pillar of Dubai Tourism’s Dubai Food Festival and Al Islami Kids Club, a strong pillar of Dubai Sports Council and Dubai Municipality’s healthy school program.
- Established strategic alliance and partnerships in major campaigns to add credibility on the initiative, expand reach and to optimize marketing spend (x30 Average ROI Vs. Annual Marketing Spend). Partners include: Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment, Dubai Tourism and Dubai Brand for Dubai food Festival; SCAFA School of Culinary and Finishing Arts as the Oﬃcial Culinary School Partner, BBC Good Food Middle East, Bosch, Pyrex, Home Centre among others.
- Propelled HORECA sales channel; expanded portfolio; intensified customer acquisition by establishing digital sales tools and CRM to sustain customer journey; bringing an average sales increase of 45% compared to previous years.
- Lead Corporate PR and Corporate Communications; implemented internal re-branding that re-ignited employee engagement.
- Collaboration and partnership with GCC distributors (Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, KSA); acted on consumer insights, established visibility and consumer engagement in a cultural approach; arrested de – growth through category rationalization, built new sales channels to drive sales.
- Deputized spokesperson for media aﬀairs; team member of Project Aladdin, that successfully closed Mitsubishi Corporation (livestock division) and Al Islami Foods strategic partnership.